IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN US PUBLISHING YOUR COMIC BOOK
Send us some hard copies of work you’ve done to our physical address (5010 Quebec St., College Park, MD 20740), and email us a pdf of the work you’d like us to publish to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. We generally publish pamphlets (aka ‘floppies’ — comics which are 28, 32, or 36 pages in length and are stapled) vs. books
2. We generally don’t publish folk’s first comic. Since we have a limited budget, and our goal is to help new cartoonists find a wider audience, we’d generally like to see that you’ve done some mini’s, had pieces in anthologies or so forth, and that you’re planning on continuing in the field
3. Stories. Tell stories.
SUBMITTING TO KILGORE QUARTERLY
For a number of years, Kilgore has produced the Kilgore Quarterly, an anthology zine of new comics and quality writing. If you'd like to submit a piece for consideration, please send it as an attachment to email@example.com.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
1. Work that has not been previously printed, either online or in print
2. Work that is new (new = less than six months old)
3. Work can be anywhere from 1-5 pages
4. In terms of genre, we’re looking for unique short pieces of all stripes: comics, stories, essays, poems, drawings, interviews, rants, recipes, reviews, profiles, and anything cool you can think of. We want your best stuff.
SUBMITTING YOUR COMICS FOR SALE IN THE SHOP
This website is the home base of the comics publishing concern, not of the very delightful shop in Denver. Please reach out to them directly if you'd like them to carry your comics. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and their phone number is 303-815-1979